A properly documented loan application will turn your loan process into a fluid operation. Use this checklist to help gather what you need:
- Complete and sign the residential loan application (Form 1003) and the attached loan info sheet, credit authorization, and fair lending notice. If you need additional room for your asset or liability info, Page 4 of the application is a continuation page. Correct any mistake while filling out the application by crossing them out and making the change. Do not use whiteout.
- If salaried: provide W-2’s for the past two years and one month of paystubs. If self-employed, provide tax returns for past two years, including all schedules, and a YTD profit and loss statement. (Note: Do not provide original documents.)
- If you own rental property, provide recent rental agreements and tax returns for the past two years, all schedules included.
- Provide bank statements for the most recent three months and recent statements for stock, mutual funds and IRA/401K accounts.
- If requesting a cash-out refinance, provide a letter explanation of how you will use the refinance proceeds.
- If applicable, provide a copy of your divorce decree and settlement agreement.
- If you are not a US citizen, provide a copy of your green card (front & back). If you are not a permanent resident provide a copy of your H-1 or L-1 visa.
- If any borrower has filed bankruptcy, provide the discharge notice, filing and schedule of creditors.
- If you are applying for a home equity line of credit or loan (second loan), include your first mortgage note (found with your closing loan documents).